Thursday, January 20, 2011

BRISBANE FLOOD COMICS [Jan 2011]


It was a fine sunny morning with slight drizzle
everyone is home watching Toowoomba Flood videos off Youtube
and doing their own stuff like any ordinary day..


I only realised the emergency was real
when people were snatching produces in supermarkets


Walked to South Bank and saw the waters rising
Its time to escape - for real!


An EMPLOYEE reaction was to escape...


An EMPLOYER reaction was to keep calm...
But it was hard to keep calm
when Brisbane City Council evacuated the CBD area


And announced that power supply will be cut off
the next morning from 7AM
To a geek, this means
1. No Computer Games
2. No Surfing Internet
3. No Television
4. No Life!


Immediately packed up my Important Stuff
and prepared for evacuation!


My Burmese friend came to rescue me before
my house and its surrounding streets were flooded
The last thing that I want is to be trapped inside a house
without electricty!


Made phone calls and checked Facebook
to see if my friends were safe and sound..


Answered some calls from Singapore Reporters
who wanted to know the situation in Brisbane


Visited my friends who evacuated from Indooroopilly


Realised that Burmese people eat curry every single day
else it would be some spicy dish that resembles curry


Played basketball with the neighbourhood kids
Learned that kids all over the world are the same
They play aggressive and accuse you of cheating
when they are losing...


Sometimes we play Monopoly just to kill time..


Everyday I think of going home, back to West End..
where WEST END REPRESENT


When the flood water receded,
I went back to check out my house
Everywhere was painted grey-ish brown
Everyone was cleaning and pumping mud out of their properties


Citipointe Church Volunteers came to West End
and handed out hotdog buns and warm/cold beverages
Everyone looked so gloomy and depressed..


After the flood is gone, I learned to appreciate things better
I know after some time, things will go back to the way they used to be...

Deepest condolences
to those who have lost their loved ones and properties

My Flood Photos here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=599221&id=514885045&l=ab6b9f806a

Below are some articles that I appeared in
back in Singapore..


AsiaOne News


MyPaper (我报)


zbCOMMA (早报逗号)

also a couple of days ago on Mediacorp Ch 8
8AM Good Morning Singapore

Thank you all media who brought home
good news of our safety..


No comments:

Post a Comment