Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Baby its a wild world..


i've been reading Troy Chin's
THE RESIDENT TOURIST
before i knew it, i bought all his books to date
part 1, part 2, part 3
even his new book LOTI 1

his books made me realise
i'm one of wat the society calls - useless bums
and i can't wait to get out of Singapore
of cos there are other reasons

(and fuck! why my eraser is on 95% opacity and i din even realise it)


today i heard a voice telling me
perhaps it was my own voice,
from my previous life
a vow i made long before i was born.
i have a mission in this life
and i have been fucking around with my life.


i remember the day
tasha the german shepherd went away
the day she left without waiting for me..
and many other days..


for years and years
i've been drinking For Here Tall Latte
even before working in Starbucks 6 years ago
i can tell a good one from a bad one
even if the shot is pulled half a second more/less
and sense when there are kopi-sai (coffee grinds)
left from the previous shot in the grope head
i can taste if the milk has been double-steamed or flat
know when the proportion of espresso-milk is right/wrong

i cannot tolerate drinking bad latte
as much as i try not to be a difficult customer


i was having difficulties completing the sentence
for amanda wong few days ago at the chalet
i can't make myself tell her
"love is a lie"
cos i understand the impermanence of life, love and all other things

No comments:

Post a Comment