Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post - Nuffnang Asia Pacific Awards

Foreword:
Special thanks goes out to Nuffnang
and the kind sponsors Pringles, STB - Uniquely Singapore, Canon
and Carlos Palma for the beautiful photos =)

One Two Three Four..
Uno Dos Tres Cuatro...

DAY ONE


Our lovely ladies from
Nuffnang Singapore
I think Boss Ming only employs pretty girls
So will King Ming (me) in future..


Sheryl and Vivian
(local models)


Veron and Fauzi


Your HTB president, Hui Ee
and myself

(In case you are wondering where my blazer and black tie is,
I gave it to a freezing beggar outside Suntec.
Awwww...)


Asia Pacific Nuffies


Some of the Pinoy bloggers
I was looking for a picture of Ramon Bautista
but I guess he's pretty shy..

Nevertheless, you can watch one of his commercial here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsHPQ8DBGY


No introduction needed..
Our most famous local blogger - Xiaxue
who bagged 3 awards this year
at the Asia Pacific Blog Awards
I think she kinda did us Singaporeans proud =)


And the girl who lives 5 floors directly below me
Joanne Peh
local TCS celebrity


Host of the ceremony,
Allan Wu
Yes, he does look very handsome in person


Another famous face you can recognise is
the sisters in green and purple
Alodia and Ashley Gosiengfiao

Alike Ramon Bautista, you can also find Alodia on Wiki
How cool is that?


Who is Alodia Gosiengfiao?
She's the one who made a breakthru
bringing the cosplay wave
to the Philippines
She's kinda like a celebrity


Menu of the day


Another famous pinoy blogger
Hannah Villasis


Who is Hannah Villasis?
She's the one who rocked the Pinoy Blogger's World
with this photo..
ok, not this one that I drew for
http://mingon2811.blogspot.com/
but this..


We never knew Nikon camera straps
could be this tasty, yes?




1. Marinated Smoke Tuna with Feta, Herb Salad
and Balsamic Olive Oil



2. Light Cream of Asparagus and Green Peas
topped with Chive Mousseline



3. Rosemary Marinated Chicken Breast with Saffron Chessy Mash
Potato and Balsamic Reduction Mediterranean Vegetable
in Mango Corianda Salsa Sauce



4. Praline Halzenut Gateau with Raspberry Jelly


And of course, everyone's favourite STICKY candies
Last seen a month ago at my cousin's wedding
This company actually prints words on the candy for you
Awesomecutetastic!

2009 RESULTS - WINNERS

1. Best Blog Shop - bonitochico
2. Best Food Blog - ieatishootipost
3. Best Fashion Blog - ladymelbourne
4. Best Parenting Blog - childhood101
5. Best Travel Blog - ironwulf
6. Best Celebrity Blog - joannepeh
7. Best Entertainment Blog -kennysia
8. Best Geek Blog - mrgadget
9. Most Original Blog Design - xiaxue
10. Most Influential Blog - xiaxue
11. Best Hidden Gem - dedoodleblog
12. Region's Best Blog - xiaxue
13. Best Pringles Video - Zombie
13. Region's Most Handsome Blogger - mydemoninyou

Full Post on DAY 1 here:
http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/2009/10/asia-pacific-nuffnang-blog-awards-2009.html


DAY 2


I was assigned to the Pinoy Blogger group
Our first stop was
Singapore Royal Selangor Pewter Museum


We get to tour the place
and learn the process of making a pewter
Also got to make ourselves a pewter bowl
to bring home as souvenir!
(kinda like a National Education excursion)


Next stop was the Singapore Flyer
Standing at the top of Singapore
looking down on creation!


Here's my man - Carlos Palma
The great guy who brought you those lovely photos above


Look! I found his baby photo.
Probably ate too much Jollibee and Chicken Adobo
hence the size now.
Still cute though~


Pinoy Nuffie, Judd
I think he's
1. Afraid of heights
2. Tired
3. Pregnant


Yes yes.. here's a picture of Ramon Bautista
First row, second from right
The one is black - RAMON BAUTISTA!


Lunch was at Maxwell Food Market
where our foreign friends have a taste of local delights


I think Huiwen (left) is filming MTV
See her hair fly until so happy!


Next stop was
Chinatown Heritage Museum


Where we saw how our Chinese fore-fathers
and their living conditions in squatters many years back.
I love this place! =)


Also there are many antique-like furnitures
where you can do photoshoots.
Which is exactly what we did.
Hahaha..


And here's Elaine, fully furbished
by my great photoshop skills.
MISS KINTAN ROAD 2009
Ok.. not really, I suck
I can never be Xiaxue! D=
And Elaine is so gonna kill me,
today I learnt she knows my URL
T_T


This is the original
The earlier is so much nicer right?
RIGHT? Say yes.. I don't care.


Our final stop is Mint Museum of Toys
where old toys from our grandparents' days
were kept in mint condition
and some costs around USD40,000
Unbelievable! See it for yourself!


Here's one of my favourite character - Tintin
I remember growing up reading Tintin
in my primary school days
where my mum would bring me to
Geylang East library to borrow these
Tintin comics that comes with a funny smell

We were very lucky to be able to
meet the multi-millionaire owner of this museum
I asked him to be my god-father
and he told me "Next life.. maybe!"
(Okaaaay, I made that up.)


Here's Julian
the Irish blogger who lives in Malaysia


After returning to Link Hotel
I had a drink with Julian
and waited for a lovely sunset with
Jehz, Maki and Ada


After that, I brought them to buy
some camera accessories
and admire our beautiful night scene


Maki, at the Merlion Park

Full Post on DAY 2 here:
http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/2009/10/asia-pacific-nuffnang-singapore-tour.html


DAY 3


Went to Orchard Road with
Hannah, Maki and Jehz


Grabeh! I was damn stupid!
I brought them to buy figurines at Heerens
cos I remembered having an ACTION CITY outlet there
and now I recalled it moved to Cineleisure


And finally it was time for them to go home


This is a really cute photo
of Alodia dropping the luggage on Ashley's foot
I gotta post this again
Oh my God! Almighty!


We had McDonalds' for the last time
and bidded farewell..


Thanks for coming! =D


DAY 6


made a visit to Nuffnang Singapore office
to collect my Julie & Julia tickets


I swear I could hear them chattering
all the way from Mustafa Center
No.. make it City Square Mall.
They're really a fun bunch.


And look! I found my handsome photo in their office.
I think they secretly admires me.
Ahem! Lets keep it a secret.


FIN



PLEASE HELP ME CLICK THIS
click this!
now! NOW! PLEASE!
I'll let you kiss me!
(I know a lot of you are reading this from my Facebook RSS,
come down to my blog and give it a click!)
Tell everyone to come and click!
EVERYBODY!


http://mydemoninyou.blogspot.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment